My WiFi Pineapple have had a problem with SD-cards since i purchased it.
I have tested SEVERAL different SD-cards, and several brands and sizes.
They all encounter the same bug.
I've also tested different file-systems, to no avail.
The SD-cards are working perfectly on other devices.
It seems like reading/writing to the SD-cards often triggers a bug within a kernel-module.
I found out that running a "badblocks" scan against the SD-card will trigger the bug every time.
Below is a output of dmesg after triggering the bug:
root@nano:~# badblocks -e 100 -v /dev/sdcard/sd1
Too many bad blocks, aborting test
Pass completed, 100 bad blocks found. (100/0/0 errors)
root@nano:~# dmesg|tail -n 33
[191722.800000] usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, device number 11
[191722.810000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc]
[191722.810000] Result: hostbyte=0x01 driverbyte=0x00
[191722.810000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] CDB:
[191722.820000] cdb=0x28: 28 00 00 1e b5 60 00 00 f0 00
[191722.820000] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 2012512
[191722.830000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc]
[191722.830000] Result: hostbyte=0x01 driverbyte=0x00
[191722.840000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] CDB:
[191722.840000] cdb=0x28: 28 00 00 1e b6 50 00 00 10 00
[191722.850000] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 2012752
[191725.890000] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 12 using ehci-platform
[191726.030000] usb-storage 1-1.2:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[191726.050000] scsi host3: usb-storage 1-1.2:1.0
[191727.050000] scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access Generic STORAGE DEVICE 0933 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[191727.050000] sd 3:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
[191727.520000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] 15187968 512-byte logical blocks: (7.77 GB/7.24 GiB)
[191727.530000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Write Protect is off
[191727.530000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Mode Sense: 21 00 00 00
[191727.540000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[191727.550000] sdd: sdd1 sdd2
[191727.560000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Attached SCSI removable disk
[191727.890000] buffer_io_error: 31 callbacks suppressed
[191727.890000] Buffer I/O error on dev sdc1, logical block 557056, lost sync page write
[191727.900000] JBD2: Error -5 detected when updating journal superblock for sdc1-8.
[191727.910000] Aborting journal on device sdc1-8.
[191727.910000] Buffer I/O error on dev sdc1, logical block 557056, lost sync page write
[191727.920000] JBD2: Error -5 detected when updating journal superblock for sdc1-8.
[191727.950000] EXT4-fs (sdd1): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
[191727.960000] EXT4-fs (sdd1): couldn't mount as ext2 due to feature incompatibilities
[191728.020000] EXT4-fs (sdd1): recovery complete
[191728.020000] EXT4-fs (sdd1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[191728.300000] Adding 1004364k swap on /dev/sdcard/sd2. Priority:-4 extents:1 across:1004364k
Basically the SD-card interface disconnects from the host, and then a second later it re-appears with a new identifier each time the bug happens.
sda1-> sdb1 -> sdc1 -> sdd1
This has made the Nano useless for me when using a SD-card.
I've had to resort to removing the SD-card and mount a USB thumb-drive as /sd to get the Nano working.
I know of other people experiencing the same issue, where they also had to use a thumb-drive to get it working.
After a lot of Googling i found that people are experiencing a very similar issue on their Raspberry Pi B+.
The correlation is that they are running the same kernel-version (3.18.x)
This is why i believe the bug is related to a kernel-module that deals with the SD-card somehow.
Link to the Raspberry bug-report i found:
Andreas Nilsen / Zylla
firstname.lastname@example.org / @adde88